Delaware, OH 43015
An 1880s home in Delaware County had a 35-year-old low-boy furnace on the floor in the short basement. It had standing-pilot ignition, was rated 63% fuel efficiency, and had no room for an air conditioning coil. The blower was belt-driven, and the air filter did not have easy access.
Project Solution Benefits & Details
Scott Haring measured the old furnace, and mapped the supply air and return air ducts. Field Supervisor Vic finalized the design for new insulated sheet metal ducts allowing a 96% efficiency Tempstar F9MVE furnace to be mounted horizontally.
- Planning and design – Comfort Advisor Scott Haring measured the old furnace and mapped the supply and return air ducts.
- Execution – Field Supervisor Vic finalized the design for the new insulated sheet metal ducts we fabricated in our sheet metal shop.
- Most popular furnace – The Tempstar F9MVE gas furnace was selected for best fit and best value.
- Breathes easy – Two-pipe venting with PVC pipe draws combustion air from outdoors and exhausts through the basement wall.
- Thrifty gas consumption – The new furnace is two generations newer and rated 96% efficient.
- Thrifty electric consumption – The high-efficiency variable-speed ECM blower motor delivers proper airflow.
- Indoor Air Quality – A high-capture media air cleaner was installed that uses a common disposable 20 x 25 x 4” thick air filter.
- Future expansion – The house did not have central air conditioning; we incorporated a provision for an evaporator coil in the new ductwork.
- High and dry – The entire assembly was perched on risers to keep it off the floor in case of ground water intrusion.
- Remote drain – The condensate collects into a pump and is sent to a sanitary drain in the adjacent room.
“This grand old home deserved a heating upgrade, and Custom Air made the most of the opportunity with a new high efficiency furnace and valuable features.”Scott Haring
It was a big job, but our talented installers made sure it was done neatly. It looks and works great and will save energy. A future project may include a Mitsubishi Zoned Comfort System to serve the second floor, to manage the summertime cooling requirements.
The Tempstar F9MVE furnace used in this project offers reliable two-stage delivery and variable-speed blower provide enhanced temperature control. This Tempstar furnace is packed with features:
- Very quiet performance
- Variable-speed blower motor and two-stage gas valve also provide enhanced levels of even temperature control and comfort
- Dual fuel capable with a compatible heat pump and thermostat for energy-saving heating performance
- Fully insulated cabinet keeps the heat moving to your ductwork
- Air purifier & humidifier compatible for better home air quality
- High temperature limit control prevents overheating
- Wi-Fi enabled remote access
- 10-Year No Hassle Replacement Limited Warranty
- 10-Year Parts Limited Warranty
- Lifetime Heat Exchanger Limited Warranty