Here are answers to some of the Frequently Asked Questions we hear. Have a question not answered here, need some more detail or something else you were thinking about, Call us at (614) 552-4822 or contact us here?
- Yes, we have hundreds of our customer reviews here from Google, Facebook and Yelp.
Yes, Custom Air partners with select companies to help create a payment plan that fits in your monthly budget. Your comfort advisor can provide you with all your options and help you choose. For more information, please visit our Financing page.
We have an A+ BBB Rating, the highest possible rating offered.
We serve the Central Ohio counties of Franklin, Delaware, Pickaway, Fairfield, Licking, Knox, Morrow, Marion, Union, and Madison counties. See more in our service areas.
We have thousands of residential and commercial clients in the greater Columbus area including Bexley, Blacklick, Canal Winchester, Delaware, Dublin, Gahanna, Galena, Granville, Grandview Heights, Grove City, Groveport, Hilliard, Huber Heights, Johnstown, Lewis Center, Lincoln Village, Marion, Marble Cliff, New Albany, Obetz, Patalaska, Pickerington, Powell, Reynoldsburg, Sunbury, Upper Arlington, Westerville, Whitehall, and Worthington. See more in our service areas.
Yes, Custom Air offers careers with excellent earning potential. We’re always looking for people with a strong work ethic and a great attitude. For more information and to apply, please visit our Employment page.
- Our heating & cooling proposals are valid for 30 days.
Heating or Furnace Questions
Yes. Like an automobile, your furnace also requires regular maintenance. A furnace tune-up keeps your heater running safely and efficiently, reduces the repairs you will need and helps decrease your utility costs.
- Dry Winter air can cause your humidity to drop substantially, to levels of 15 percent or less. This humidity imbalance can cause a number of potential problems that can affect your health, your home and especially your comfort. Home humidity levels should be somewhere between 30% and 50% At Custom Air, we help Central Ohio homeowners improve the quality of their home’s indoor air. A whole-home humidifier will increase your comfort and keep you warm all winter. And, because humid air feels warmer, you can actually cut your heating bill.
Air Conditoning Questions
- Some systems can be retroactively zoned. A Custom Air comfort advisor can provide a FREE assessment of your system to determine your options.
If your air conditioner is more than 15 years old, it is probably reaching the end of its lifespan. We recommend replacing your AC system if:
- Requires frequent repairs
- It is no longer keeping you comfortable
- Your utility bills are higher than normal
Indoor Air Quality Questions
- Indoor air quality, or IAQ, is a relatively new topic. The quality of the air you breathe air mainly has to do with the amount of pollutants inside, but it’s also determined by humidity and ventilation levels.
- The EPA has found that concentrations of pollutants can be up to 100 times higher indoors than outdoors.
- The American Lung Association estimates that most people spend 90% of their time indoors, so clean indoor air is very important.
According to the EPA, indoor pollution in residential buildings is caused by particles and gasses released into the air from many different sources. Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) found in paint, home cleaning products, and wood finishes mix with the carbon emissions from your HVAC system to cause poor indoor air quality.
Other common sources of indoor air pollution include:
- Tobacco products
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances
- Excess moisture
- Newly installed carpet, flooring, or upholstery
Even outdoor sources, such as pesticides or radon may cause poor indoor air quality in Columbus.
The Environmental Protection Agency has found that concentrations of pollutants can be up to 100 times higher indoors than outdoors, so air quality isn’t just an outside problem.
Items inside that release gas are the major cause of indoor air problems. The list includes carpeting, upholstered furniture, paints and solvents, gas appliances, cleaning products, air fresheners, dry-cleaned clothing and pesticides. If you have an attached garage, fumes from the gasoline, oil and antifreeze can make it into your home’s air. Harsh chemicals can also come from cigarette smoke and wood stoves.
As far as allergens in your home, it’s not just your pet. Pollen particles can blow into your home through open windows, and people and pets can track them inside. Frequently damp areas also can quickly lead to mold and mildew buildup.
Additionally, Textile fibers from clothing, curtains and other fabrics produce and collect dust. Our Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) systems can help with allergies, dust, dry skin, sinus pain, airborne bacteria, static electricity, pet dander and more! We also can repair, service, and install Humidifiers, UV lights, Air cleaners, thermostats and air scrubbers.
Yes. Indoor air quality in Columbus has a direct impact on allergies, asthma, and respiratory conditions. Allergens found in your bedroom can impact the way you sleep by causing your asthma to become worse, according to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
Yes. With the right air cleaner, you have the opportunity to improve poor indoor air quality, which could be triggering asthma attacks. If someone in your family has asthma, the right indoor air quality solution will help to eliminate pet dander, mildew, mold, dust mites, and chemical irritants, which can all trigger an attack. Custom Air offers a broad range of energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems; dehumidifying and indoor air quality products, service and parts support, advanced building controls and financing solutions.